Sunday 10 August 2008

While on the subject of Disability Living Allowance.

I've had to delete a couple of post, that shall we say, were unpleasant. Basically, it was the tired old chestnut of benefit claimants being leeches.

Unfortunately, I've hit that in real life - even to the extent of one person claiming that "disability is a load of b****cks put on by people screwing the system" And that was from someone who hasn't actually seen me for twenty five years. It's not unusual, sadly.

Waste of time arguing with plonkers like that.

My view is very simple. By all means you can have the DLA I've been granted.

But you going to have to take my disability first.

1 comment:

Jo said...

just thought I'd say "hi" found you via blogger - south yorkshire
...know what you mean about people moaning, hubby started working last month and 7 months on the dole(not by choice)and he keeps in touch with ex-work mates and they keep saying they hate their job and moaning about thier pay, me and hubby want to say try being on the dole for 7 months and you're grateful for a wage
Josie