Wednesday 15 April 2009

By 'eck

Don't think I've eaten a straight forward meal in my life. Just can't do it. I have to twiddle. My sauces and gravies can be real witches brews. No complaints yet tho.....

Something I picked up from my dad I think, who said he'd die before he gave me his recipe for steak and kidney pie, or the pastry recipe for his meat and potato pie. He was right y'know. He never did, and it took me years to reverse engineer the memories into reality :)

Lets just say, if you know your pastry and your sauces, he was a big man, who wasn't into healthy eating, and that's what got him in the end :)

Always anxious for new ideas, I like to doodle around the net for ideas.

Came across this site, which is fun to use, particularly if you're a bit cash strapped.

Oh No Not Beans Again

Enjoy !

2 comments:

Jo said...

I will look at the site in a minute, hubby was off sick the other week and all we got last week was £34 stat sick pay for 2 peole!! anyway it meant I had to be creative with meals and managed to make £1.21 pack of mince into three meals
1) spag bol
2) filling for pasties
3) lasagne

Josie x

Wheelie said...

Humph, I'll resist the urge to get all political.

But some things are just plain wrong. That stupid £34 quid is one of them :(