Friday 29 May 2009

Silly ol' Bear :)

Our home is modified - just enough to enable me to be independentish.

Bear, today :- "That bath board- is it ok then?"

It was fitted about March 2008. She trying to tell me something?

:)

A bath board is a like a plastic thingy that fits across the top of a bath for me to sit on while I shower. The shower was moved by The Community Care services to the middle of the wall rather than at the end of a bath. Not perfect, but the alternative was spending years waiting for an adapted bungalow.

"What?" she said when I'd stopped laughing, coughing and spluttering "I dunno. We've been married over 20 years, it's not like I've not seen what you've got!"

True. true. Dammit. I just hate Wimmins Logic.........It's the one thing us fella's have no defence against (sulk!)

2 comments:

Jo said...

mmm, it must be a 'man thing' about baths....
Josie x

Wheelie said...

It's an independence thing for me :)

Think you're spot on about it being a man thing too. As far as I can get it, ladies like a long soak, and fellas see a shower as an annoying interruption on their way somewhere else.

I've noticed another thing with girls and bathrooms. Same now as 30-odd years ago in nightclubs and what-have-you.

Women go to the toilet together. My girls and their friends do. Even bath together. Lads won't.

What's that all about?