Thursday 25 June 2009

Hot hot hot

Blimey, about time too! :)

I've had some real problems getting on line over the past couple of weeks. No sooner had I written an email, then I'd lose my broadband, so it's been a case of getting out of a habit of doing my correspondence online, and getting back into the old 'dial-up' ways of composing mail and articles off-line and uploading it when I can get a stable connection. Even if I can get online, stuff like paypal has been playing up.

It's funny how used you can get to near instant responses, isn't it?

I suspect it's because it's so darn hot - My city isn't renowned for being the sunniest place on the planet, but even now, at 04:30, my desk thermometer says it's 30 C. Even son'o'mine, who's just got back from Florida, can't sleep because of the heat. Not that I'm up at this time by choice - having cats walking up and down you and nibbling your ear because they want to go out because their uncomfortable is no fun. Dunno why they pick on me. Maybe I'm the kitty man. Despite what the thermometer says, it feels a bit cooler at this hour.

Still, family asleep, a bit of P&Q and a cold Cola with ice is a consolation. Time to stack my meds in the fridge - they need to be kept below 25 C, otherwise they can become next to useless. Quite dangerous when your on 135 a week. Off to sort out the family finances, reply to a few mails, and more of that diet coke with lots of ice :)

No comments: