Saturday 4 July 2009

You're Beautiful

Happy July 4th American friends! God help the world if you'd have become just another colony. We'd probably still have slaves for a start. We still do, actually. Their called foot...errrr.."soccer players". Better paid, but still bought and sold and enslaved.

Ever had one of those tunes that sticks in your head? For me today, it's James Blunts "My life has changed in so many ways... "You're beautiful, your beautiful.... it's true." Only way I'm going to get it out of my head is to play it on youtube. That'll annoy the neighbours :)

Other news? My wheelchair, which doubles up as my computer chair, has these peg things on the footrests to hold heel supporting straps? I stood up a bit quick today, a peg caught under my jeans leg? By golly, My Bear, who is well over a foot shorter than me, shot across the room and caught me before I had a "Hello Floor" moment. I'm well impressed!

I've had a tremendous compliment. A young niece said I reminded her of "Jonathon Creek". I should perhaps explain. It's a Brit. Tv series. He's employed as a guy who works for a magician, designing tricks for his acts. He gets roped in by a 'true crime writer' - a lady, naturally, who exploits his gift to solve otherwise baffling crimes. I love it. But what I love most about it is the characters play ordinary people.

I'm getting into facebook a bit more. I'm a very private person, so it goes against the grain a bit, (yeah, I know that's a bit contrary for a blogger) but - and this is a big but, I've met other private people who have found PM'ing there is more private than email. Steady as she goes.

No comments: