Monday 18 January 2010

Yer can tell a Yorkshireman....

But you can't tell him much :)

Apparently, I'm the most cussed, stubborn, pig headed, unfeeling man on the whole planet.

It's seems I can't see a crisis if it jumped up and bit my bum, and I'm responsible for everything from the fall of the Roman Empire to World War III, by simply being there.

Phew. That's all right then. For a minute there I though there was something wrong.

I was there at the fall of the Roman Empire? Golly, I know at my age my memory is bad but..

Best do a bum check soon. Not seen mine for ages. (Oh, no it isn't) Brit Joke there. See what I did :)

----------

Disassociation - well, it is a Stroke blog :) A common word, uncommonly applied. In the interests of promoting understanding.

Ever heard the phrase "The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing" ?

It's kinda like that.

Stroke survivors variety in the alterations of function vary across a wide spectrum - hey, that sounds good - sounds better than the word disability anyways :)

It can vary from next to nowt, through life-support, to the most common perception, paralysis, typically down one side. I have lack of feeling on the right side, and disassociation.

For me that means I have movement, to a lesser extent than I had before, but the movement I have on my right side seems to belong to someone else, if I forget. Day to day, it's not a problem, unless I stop and think. Then me and Righty need to negotiate, which is not entirely a physical function - there's some intellect involved too. I'll post more if anyone requests so.

So thar'y'go. A new word, if your interested in the processes of stroke.

A couple more words you might like to google are
Dysphasia and Aphasia.

I'm off to ignore World War 3 :)


No comments: