Tuesday 5 October 2010

Grrrr.

Apparently, I'm 'apostate'. If you've never been involved in organised religion, historically, it's a description of a personal choice not to be involved with an organised religion.

Nowadays, it's more a description by those in religious societies to describe those who chose not to be involved in their societies. There's a subtle difference. It's meant as a bit of an insult. The bottom line is whatever the religion, they believe they are chosen to spend time with their god at some point. Chosen ones.

But the organisation that criticised me did it on the basis that I was preventing my wife from attending their meetings. Absolute cobblers. It says more about them than it does about us.

The idea that a wife is under the control of a husband is just so idiotic and way out of order. In fact, if idiots like that live like that, they need some serious psychiatric counciling, in my opinion.

No comments: