Wednesday 15 December 2010

Well Preserved

Note to self :- if I really have to chop 16 oz / 450 g of medium chilli's for part of this Christmas's batch of chilli jellys, chutneys and chilli sauce /preserve, I must wear something a little more substantial than surgical gloves. That chilli juice gets everywhere. Ow, ow, ow :)

'Orders' are rolling in - a bit late this year, but it's up to the recipients if they want to wait - most of the recipes I've used over the years benefit for being left to mature. Unless asked now, I make (quite a lot really) for family use. We've started on a piccalilli that's just over a year old, which is fine, but to be on the safe side, I'm uncomfortable giving something that mature to anyone else.

If the requests pile up any more, I'm going to have to think about charging or barter. That sounds cool, but at this time of year I'm not in the mood for one of those "Is there anything we can do to help sir?" letters from the tax-man.

No comments: