Monday 28 February 2011

Dear Diary.

Some reject from the gene pool kicked the heck out of my front gate sometime during the night. The forth time in two weeks. Who? I have no idea who or why. All I know is the poor things indeterminate age and tenuous existence is extended across Wheelie Manors path. Prats.

However, they've gorn and dun me a favour. I've had to do some quite complex maths to design a new gate from some good old fashioned 4x1. Plus the price of the of some new jigsaw blades, borrowed and broken by a recent lender. Plus screws. Curved and spaced like the fence. Immensely enjoyable all that maths. Loved it.

Stop Press: Bear did her thing and negotiated a deal with a neighbour who had some 4x1 (four be one, otherwise known as 4 inch wide, 1 inch thick) saving us a tenner. 20 ft lengths tho. Back to the drawing board, but hey, that's half the fun.

I can do this. I know I can. I built the original fence 12 years ago. I can do this.

~~~~

I had someone storm out the other night, because a homosexual friend visited with her girlfriend.

There were lots of wibbly excuses. "I don't like her attitude towards your dog". The stormer is in her twenties. That bothered me. I'm a twice married heterosexual. I just can't get my head around the concept that anyone should be excluded from anything or anyone or any social scene because of the people they fall in love with.
There's nothing greater than being loved by someone who loves you.

End of.

No comments: