Sunday 17 April 2011

Terry Pratchitt

I wouldn't know where to begin with the bloke. He's a hugely successful author, having successfully published hundreds of books, but more famous now because he has Early Onset Alzheimer's decease. He's also a promoter of - well, basically, how you choose to die. I may cover that in another post.

Terry is one of those few authors who talks to his fans, I'm one of them. I collect his books when I can afford them, particularly his Discworld series. Even if you're not a big reader, if you want cheering up, get hold of at least his early 'Colour of magic' It's so funny, you won't be able to put it down.

There's also a computer game based on it, if you can get hold of it. If you find it, I'll tell you how to install it on windows XP (service pack 3) /Vista/Windows 7

I'm quite deliberately not telling you the plot(s). However, I will explain that there's a giant turtle, swimming through the universe. On it's back, are four giant elephants holding up the Discworld.

A world of a foolish half baked wizard, and witches anyone would relate to. And ancient magic and a great deal of humour and fun. Honest to goodness.

Go on. Give it a try.


No comments: