Wednesday 27 April 2011

Weigh up!

At long last, late last night I managed to get above 24g Carbohydrates. A full 400g can of Ravioli. Yup. Not home made, out of a tin. A whopping 60g Carbs per 400g tin, plus a couple of door wedges of home made wholemeal bread which worked out at 3oz (umm, 85g in new money) that wacked it up to 103g.

That was close. My limit is 120g max Per Day. There had to be a downside though. That little snack (burp!) knocked me back 525 Calories. I should point out tho' I'm supposed be on 2,500 calories a day, a normal fella is expected to be on 300g carbs. Thank god I'm not normal. (no tittering in the cheap seats!)

Apparently though, my weight is dropping by about 1lb (454g) a week, which is a Good Thing. So the technique of eating more to lose weight is actually working. However, we have a disagreement about how much 'more' is. Theirs is four times greater. Not a chance. No way hussay, nope, knickers. Not going to happen. 2,500 Calories? I'm an Eeaw wanting to be a Tigger, not tother way round.

By my reckoning, I'd have to grow another foot. I'm mid 50's. Howma gonna do that? Use a car jack? Wear platform heels (again?).

~~~~

Is it me, or are ladies much more forthright nowadays?

A young lady of 18, who I've known since she was 9, knocked on my door today.

"Dee" she said "Can I borrar y'phone?" Borrow, I said without thinking. "Whatever. Can I BORROW your phone?". Sure I said, rising to the challenge. "As long as you put it back".

"Don't piss me about Deepy." Sigh. "Ok, come in Mel".

"You know that bloke I met on Facebook that I spent the night with in a Hotel?" Errr....nope? Did what?

"Well, I did, and he texted me and said I'd given him clap". Oh, ho. Round of applause? "Shurrup, chuff 'ead" Yes miss.

"Well," she continued. "Trouble is, I've slept with Shane and Kieren since then. I've had a word with Shane's wife what to do, and she said 'you've got to sort yourself out first love, just in case, so go to the doctors', and take it from there." Well ah. Kieren? " We aren't speaking" Really?

"Doctor says, since I've had unprotected sex, I gotta have a pregnancy test, and I have to phone the VD clinic. What will they do?"

As it happens, her mum died from cervical cancer when she was 8, so I didn't have explain much.

In case you're wondering how a fella knows so much about stuff like that? I spent a lot of time in my churchy days keeping an eye on the nitty-gritty of 'working ladies' and street kids and their pimps, and of course, being married I know about cervical smears and stuff.

Street kids and pimps? Yes. You'd be surprised how many children under 18 are under the radar and are drawn into prostitution and other exploitation, and live on the streets or wherever they can get shelter. The churches pick up the slack where the social services are too bound up with paperwork and wages to 'go in' and sort it.

2 comments:

Rarelesserspotted said...

Interesting post Wheelie, always entertaining and not a little surprising what we learn about you...
X

Wheelie said...

I'll take that as compliment RLS Mate. Chuckle!

I kind of thought things would calm down a bit as I became older. Fat chance :)