Tuesday 24 May 2011

Bear Tales

"Coffee" She said. I was a bit engrossed in my new phone. Amazing this new technology."Coffee" she repeated. "Your Coffee". Ah. Mine. That got my attention.

"You're nearly out" Ahuh. Fascinating is Goggle Street View on a motion sensitive phone. "Trouble, is, you don't drink it very often." Silence. "But when you do, you have it strong" I decided more silence was the better part of valour. Besides, I sensed...

"So when you do have it, you have a lot of it. So it runs out fast when you do have it..." I knew it, here it comes... "But if you didn't have so much when you did, it'd last longer" She was oblivious to the slack jawed, bug-eyes monster with elephant ears. "So, since yours is a bit expensive, I'll get you some more, but can you not use so much so it lasts longers?"

I knew it. A Bearism.

As my dear, departed old dad used to, 'If you catch me asleep, pee in me ear'. There's an App for that.

One jar of Nescafé Café Columbian please dearest. Now, where's the paracetamol?

~~~~

In case you're wonderin' The Bear reads these. And on Twitter. The kids - if you can call 14, 22, 24 'kids' love Bear Tales, as does The Bear. 'Cause it's all true. Bear never, ever, complains. It's only something you can get away with after over 25 years together :)

I love my ol' Bear.
~~~~
S'cuse me. Off to work out why for some odd reason I'm following my own blog. Never a dull moment, eh?

No comments: