Sunday 26 June 2011

These are the days of....

Just like to point out I'm not paying for my rather nice smart-phone that I enthuse about. Someone else is. An equitable arrangement that allows me to broaden my scope, and helps them out some.

I'm not allowed out alone. Haven't been at least 12 years. It's not normally a problem.

Why? D'y'know. I'm not sure. Apparently, I'm told I womble off to look in shop windows while 'they'' are busy, so they miss buses, and they worry I'm going to wobble off into a busy road. I disagree, because I think I'm reasonably aware.

Certainly true that standing up is a problem, so I miss my wheels. Trouble is that I live in a VERY hilly area, which makes using a wheelchair next to impossible for a carer to push.

~~~~

Meanwhile, it's 26 C inside, and 32 C outside. Bear and visitors are in our respective neighbours gardens. The smell of beef fat and petrol drifting through the window? Eurgh.

If like me, the smell puts you off holding a 'barbie' here's a tip. If one must use a 'starter fuel' then once started, let it burn for half-an-hour first. More, try asparagus, fish in foil with herbs, even baked veg (Cheat. If you have a microwave, start it off in there..)

Makes one heck of a difference :)

No comments: