Tuesday 20 September 2011

So then....

What's all this fiddlin' and grumping and fruits and pickling stuff got to do with being a stroke survivor?

'Cause thanks to lots of love and and an internet connection I found life after stroke.

It's no way been entirely positive - I kid you not. When the ol' bod stopped doing as it was told, and I spent a long time struggling with a brain - and I have to admit - a mind, that frustratingly battled through a fog to to do the simplest of things.

Worse, I remembered how I USED to be very clearly. That made me very very angry. Which helps. Well, ok. That didn't make me very popular. But it was right for me. Probably the best thing I've ever done for myself. I've always been driven to some extent, and had the attitude of "Don't let the buggers get you down".

I deliberately changed the direction of my life. I was loved, and I still am, but my focus was outside myself. I was secondary to me. Being forced into a position where I had to work on me changed my perspective.

I realised I was important, if only to myself, ultimately. And that's a Good Thing.

I went on to achieve little goals one at a time. To me, that's made my new found self worth justified.

Does that make any sense?


No comments: