Monday 13 February 2012

Slam Dunk.

It's just +4.4 °C outside, and my mate Mr. T. and one of daughters is downsizing to a smaller council house, from a four to a two bedroom.

His oldest daughter is travelling every day to get the new place ship-shape, and of course there's no gas or electricity, so she's dressed like an Inuit stripping layers of wall-paper with copius buckets of hot water we provide. I think she's bonkers. But way to go, girl.

I'm really pleased for him as he and his younger daughter (she has learning difficulties) have rattled around a house far too big for them to cope with, physically and financially for far too long. It's really great to see a family pull together.

~~~~

Since Mr. T. has is moving less than two mins away, I'm wondering if I'll be allowed out unaccompanied to visit, sans wheels? I'm not going to hold my breath.

He's a real darts fanatic, and he "needs a mug to hammer". Should be intriguing. A bloke with two very Wobbly Knees versus a Bloke With a Stroke.

It has a certain comedic value, don't'y'know? Do you think I should tell him that I was a team captain some years ago? Nah. Perhaps not? Shhhh! :)



No comments: