Monday 19 March 2012

Am I right?

I made the mistake of trying to talk to someone, in person, while they were chatting on Facebook yesterday. I was pretty annoyed when I was at first blanked for some time, then got "tut tutted" and scowled at.

Since I was courteous enough to allow them access to my network, I tapped a few keys on my machine and blocked them. They swanned out in a huffy. Was I extreme? I don't think so. Because in my humble opinion Facebook taking precedence over someone sat a few feet away is the hight of bad manners, bloomin' ridiculous, and more than a little disturbing.

Email, chat by internet in its hundreds of forms, is so totally cool, and often necessary. But it does not in any way replace good, hundreds of thousands of years of face to face communication.


Am I right?

No comments: