Thursday 5 April 2012

The kindest hearts...

I was reviewing our finances, because I'd noticed a 'blip'. Nothing that affected our gas, electricity and other basics. But I don't like blips.


I'm quite strict, but I'm not the only adult in the house, so I allow a bit of leeway, but keep track. Hey, what are computers for? I discovered a peculiar pattern. Some money went missing. Then reappeared. Then.... you get the picture. Turns out that someone with a heart of gold was lending money out. 


It works like this. You lend a few people on a low income a few quid. Then they pay it back. That leaves them short of cash next time. Worse, they may have borrowed off someone else too. So they borrow again.  Result is they are in front, and the people they borrow off are behind.


I prefer to find out what they want the money for, and give/cook food. And 'NO' is a good solution. Even if someone has a Golden Heart..... 

No comments: