Friday 27 April 2012

Knackered

Heh. Should have known. 


Our Tots, doing her work experience in the pouring rain at a 'city farm' the other end of the city, slipped and fell while cleaning out a pig pen. As always happens, she'd declined to use use one of the jackets they provide, as she felt more comfortable in her own. Luckily, she was uninjured.


She came home, in the rain, covered in pig poo. Even though she'd dried out and cleaned up best she could, the rain on the way home had 'reactivated' what was left. Heck, I'd forgotten how strong that smells. She'd fallen face first in it.


The following morning when we went to get get her up at 06:00 she was really unwell. Bear went back to bed, and I laid at the side of Tots reading, as Dads do, until I was sure Tots was o.k. I'm up at least 05:30  anyway. She slept until 14:00 and seemed fine.


This morning she was up at 06:20, all bright eyed and bushy tailed, doing her make-up (!?), insisting she had to go. And orf' she went :)


Bear was up at 06:00 doing Totsies 'pack-up', on total automatic, grunting at everything Tots and I said. Note :- to a teenager, "grumph" and "uh-huh" means "Yes" and is expensive.


O6:40. Yeh, I know, I'm pedantic. Bear's stood in the living room doorway arms crossed, frowning at me with her best Les Dawson expression.  "You can't move can you?. You cuddled Tots didn't you? Twit."  


Then she went to bed until 10 am. No. Not very well. Lots of curious bits are inoperative. Neighbours nipping in to see how I am - which, bless'em I could do without. So it's the famous big quilt, Time Team and Wheeler Dealers for me today :)

No comments: