Wednesday 11 April 2012

Sigh

Oh dear. Got myself into trouble yet again, in a forum where I referred to stroke survivors as 'brain damaged'


Perhaps I could have worded it better? "suffered brain damage" maybe? Nah. In the furore that ensured, I quietly grabbed my coat from the hook, and made a dignified exit. Mine was the one with a light sabre in the pocket.


Because, y'see, I'm not one of those who may, just may, come to their collective senses this morning and read the original post, then note that the object of their vitriol was referring to himself.  I hope they're going be be somewhat embarrassed.  Equally, I'll spare them embarrassment by not linking to them. Ever.


When it comes to stroke, it's about me, and people like me, not about those who want to demonstrate to the world and it's mother what wonderful, caring, fluffy people they think are.


 Don't like 'em. Those are the people who do things to me, not with me. That talk past or over me, not to me. That debate about me, not with me. If someone can't do that, and with courtesy, they can get off my boat and walk to shore, thank you very much. I'd suggest they would find that a much more tenuous position than they'd imagine.  :)


I do wish people would take the time to read a thread before they jump in feet first in self righteous effrontery.


Black is black. White is white. I'm brain damaged. I'm not cowed by it, I don't hide it, and I sure don't need protecting from it. I'm also saying that on behalf of those who aren't as fortunate as I, and are unable to express themselves as well. Like wot I do.


~~~~

Tell you what though. It brought into sharp focus for me how you should express yourself on the Internet.  To me it's simple. If I can do it offline in such a way that it doesn't get me punched in the nose, and conduct myself likewise on the net, I'll wear my nose with honour.

No comments: