Sunday 17 June 2012

Feet Up.

I've tried to get out a bit more with The Bear, just to the local shops. I've loved it, but over the few days I've done it it's left me absolutely shattered. I have a particularly pig-headed and stubborn streak, which got me into this mess in the first place. 


A neighbour, chatting about his army service, suggested I just keep trying a little bit more at a time, so I get used to it. I couldn't agree with him more in principle. Been there, done the long, sometimes 24 hour days, grabbed a couple of hours on workbenches, travelled 8 to 10 hours to a job, burned the midnight/midday oil. Not complaining. It was magic. The difference now is I have bits of my bod that aren't entirely under my control, and grey matter that when it's had enough will just shut down. I mean. Poof! the lights go out.


But despite all that, it was nice to feel the old circuits click in. Masochistic, and pleasurable. 


But (sigh!) I'm told I have to pull back a bit, or it's the 'H' word (spit! hospital!) Apparently they can do that. Whoever ''they" are. Noted.
~~~~


 To quote Terry Pratchett, "it's an embuggerance".


I'll never cease to be amazed of his humour and uncanny insight well ahead of today's socio/economic world,  all wrapped up in a flat world carried on the back of four elephants, on the back of a rather large turtle. Before you think "Nah, not my thing" -just try it. One book. Any. Please.


If you've never read any of his books, particularly his fiction series such as Discworld. I promise that if you don't end up giggling to yourself, you need two pads on your chest and someone shouting "Clear!". Actually, you might anyway :)


Dray xx

No comments: