Friday 19 October 2012

Twists and turns.

Life sure has some interesting twists and turns.

Nearly thirty years ago I went through a messy divorce, and my ex disappeared. I won joint custody of our daughter. The problem was enforcing the order 'in absence' . Eventually, she was traced by the courts and I to Fareham, Havant (overlooking Portsmouth) with her then boyfriend, who worked as a bus driver.

As part of the tracing process I spoke to the guy running Portsmouth Transport, who kindly offered me a job in admin! Apparently I had "Good rep" :) He confirmed the address for my ex's partner. I know. That kind of privacy violation would be horrifying nowadays - but he was sympathetic, and wanted to do everything he could to help.

Naturally, I told the Courts, who ordered supervised access at that address. That meant I'd be accompanied by a Social Worker. Fine with me. After all, I was the instigator of the order.

Out of the blue, I had phone call from someone called Ms. Hurell  explaining that  it would 'nicer' if I met my ex and daughter at a local social services centre. Cool.

After a long and arduous journey by coach from here up north via London, I arrived in Havant to a bit of a shock. The massive multiple tower blocks where my ex was supposed to live was a  pile of rubble. Just across road was a little stone built building that I had been told was the 'Social Services Centre' by Ms Hurell.

It was gaily decorated inside, full of kiddy pics. But the only people there were my ex, my daughter, and Ms Hurell who explained that the Centre was in the process of relocation.

It was awful. The Hurell woman launched into a tirade. A total nightmare. I was shouted at, screamed at that she needed me to raise my voice so she could hear anything I said for her notes. She asked for copies of the court papers I carried, and promptly tore them up. Called me a fraud and a cheat. I couldn't believe she could behave that way in front of a child. In the end, I called the police. My wide eyed ex curled up sobbing in a corner :(

Exit one ex, dragging behind her a daughter shouting Daddy, and the Hurell woman. Police arrived, and asked for my name, address, and any court papers. Errrr? They secured the building, and I made the long journey home. My ex disappeared, never to be seen again.

~~~~

Fast forward 30 years. Bear makes contact with someone on facebook with exactly the same name as my daughter. If she hadn't married that is. Looks exactly - seriously- like my sister. Even the pictures I have, and this lady has, when she was a toddler ARE the same pictures. Same photos, same location.

"I know who my dad is. It's not your hubby. Good luck" :(

~~~~

I've contacted social services in Portsmouth. They've done some very thorough checks, and confirmed that along with the tower blocks my ex was supposed to live in, the social services centre was 'not in use' at that time. They have no record of me, nor do they have any record of anyone ever employed by them called 'Hurell'.

She was a fake. Crazy. I mean, wow.


No comments: