Thursday 31 January 2013

An inspiration

As I just commented to RLS Other than the odd tweet or retweet, I realised I was getting a bit more grumpy  than usual, and I don't like to blog when I'm in a dark mood. It doesn't help when I've been stuck in the house because of the weather.

Nor have I learned yet how to blog in a dark mood in an engaging way. I know it's possible, but... I dunno. There's a skill to it.

But after reading RLS today, I thought I'd risk it.

My next door neighbour has been a Security Guard at Jobcentre Plus for yonks. She and her hubby are First Responders too. That means they have to be available at a moments notice for everything for football (soccer) matches to heart attacks or road accidents.

But the years on her feet have damaged them, so she's had some surgery and in plaster and can't work for a while.

Mr C, Bless him, has been getting up at 04:30 to look after his missus, get to work, and back. That on top of  having a mortgage to service, and taking on whatever work is available to him.

They are an inspiration.


No comments: