Tuesday 30 April 2013

Not in the best of moods.

Phew. Been awhile, hasn't it?

Family emergency, thats resulted in my lad stopping with me for a while. Meanwhile, I'm helping a mate who's been paying almost all his pension to a 'minor*' drug dealer because his learning disabled daughter has built up debts with them. That is very scary. Luckily, I used to be a substance abuse counselor, and have a good idea of how that murky (and violent) world operates.

At the very least we can keep the chap fed and warm, despite his fear and pride. He's of the generation who will just pay up and go without to (he thinks) protect his daughter.

* A minor drug dealer is someone who buys from another dealer and sells part of their purchase on to others at a profit  - often cannabis or it's derivatives. They'll often give their 'customers' their product when they can't afford it and demand payment later with violence and intimidation. As in this case.

An annoying turn of events on the health front is that I've had the occasional seizure, which is a new one. And a stutter that I'd dealt with as a kid has been sticking it's ugly head up again.

Mass clearout at Wheelie Manor. I'd stored a lot of stuff for my lad, so while he's around for a while I'm taking the opportunity to get him to sort out what he needs to keep, and my Bear needs a junk out. Myself, I'm an inveterate record keeper. But bills from 1989 is just a little extreme, no?

Upside is at long last the so-called 'spare' room, which also houses bits and pieces of disability equipment will become my office/workshop - a man-cave, once it's redecorated. Bear is already up there creating havoc. I'm really looking forward to that.

I might even dig my table football out of the shed.







No comments: