Tuesday 9 September 2008

These small strokes seem to take longer to recoup from every time. It's always been 4 steps forward 2 steps back for while. But I'm puzzled why it seems to at least another half a step back this time. Their isn't any more medication I can take - I'm on everything already, and then some.

Lifestyle choices are at optimum, likewise cholesterol and Hba1c, and everything. Diet is spartan, but good. I've been getting up an hour earlier at 04:50 to ensure one of my girls gets up for work at 05:30, and perhaps I've been pushing the weight-training a bit hard - but I'm loath to cut back on exercise.

Just goes to show that there's only so much you do before you have to let the old bod get on with it's stuff :)

3 comments:

Rachel@just another day in paradise said...

Hi. My name is Rachel. I am a speech-language pathologist and facilitator for our local stroke support group. I would love to share your blog with our group, including tips you might have for creating your own blog.

Thank you for your time. Please feel free to email me at rlkendr[at]yahoo[dot]com.

Wheelie said...

Apologise for the delay in reply.

Sure :) no problem. I'll mail you.

D.

Anonymous said...

Hi Wheelie,
My name is Lori. I live in the US.
I also have a blog. The web address is http://lori-recoveringstrokesurvivor.blogspot.com/
If you would like to read it, I would really appreciate that. I will continue to read your posts as well, I've Bookmarked your Blog. My strokes happened almost 3 years ago and I was 51 years old. I appreciate your honesty and sharing. Thank you very much