Friday 7 November 2008

Gosh!

Sky News today.

'The solo pilot of a light aircraft who lost his sight in mid air as he flew from Scotland, to Essex, Southern England, was guided to safety by a Royal Air Force jet. It is thought he had a Stroke'

Let me see if I've understood this correctly. You're alone, flying an aircraft, survive a stroke, but become blind. You radio for assistance, and are able to follow instructions, and land safely.

Blind.

There's not much I'd say is Inspirational nowadays, but I'm well impressed.

I mean - Wow. I'm not easily impressed, but that is a classic example of what guts and determination can do. Just shows what you can do if you put your mind to it. Nice one.

BBC News

4 comments:

Jo said...

wow!
Josie

Wheelie said...

Hi Josie - I owe you an an apology. I did catch you're post back in September.

Thanks for linking in :)

Wow indeed !!

Anonymous said...

Hi Wheelie, I must say that I am as impressed as you are. Blind? Unbelievable, this soul was supposed to survive no doubts! I read a book called "My Stroke of Insight" by Jill Bolte Taylor. The new Stroke support group that Rachel from Arkansas is running started last night. I think you would enjoy the book, I certainly did.
Your friend Lori (who loves to fly, but isn't a pilot) :-)

Jo said...

Hi Dray, i've just awarded you Gift of the Gab award on my blog
but if you don't wish to join in thats okay as I know not everyone likes doing these pass on awards things.
Josie x