Tuesday 11 November 2008

Random

Cracking up I am. Found myself apologising to El'Stupido the Cat when we ran out of Tuna. Actually, she doesn't think she's a cat. She thinks, as my Bear put it, that she's 'one of the girls'.

She's not called Stupid of course. That's what Bear calls her ("Hey, Stupid !!") When its cold, wet, windy and freezing and Sniff the Cat is sat on the windowsill late at night warming herself from the warm draft from the open window. And Sniff speaks English. Cat style. Either that or my strokes have sent me Cat-o-pathic.

Why call a cat 'Sniff' ? Ah. That's the nickname of my stalker. Who hates cats. It's a man-thing joke. If you've ever had or have a cat, and you're a lady with a partner, ask him :) It's not for good reason female cats are called 'Queens'. :)

---------------

I've come across so many stroke survivors who when hit with the disability stroke brings, think it's the end of the road. I've really thought about this, and when I'm feeling a bit better, I intend doing a few posts on life after stroke.

I apologise to those who have been waiting for some posts about sex and stroke, but I've had a lot of opposition from both atheist and religious friends who think it's wrong I should talk on the net about sex. I'm a bit disappointed to be be opposed to be honest, mostly because everything in stroke has to be tackled one way or another, and I don't think gender, sexual orientation, or the price of fish has much to do with it. I have no intention of being explicit.




4 comments:

Jo said...

the sex and stroke advice, can't you still write something but don't put it on the blog then those that really want advice can e-mail you and get the info privatly and then those that don't want to read the info on your blog don't have a reason to complain, and everyone's happy then, hopefully anyway, Josie

Wheelie said...

I hadn't thought of that Josie.

I've found it sure is important. Good one. I'll go with that I think, ta very much, Dray.

Phew! :)

Anonymous said...

That was a GREAT suggestion that Josie had! Glad you are GOING with it. As far as Cat-o-pathic, I identify with that, but I don't think it is because of my stroke or you cracking up. I had eight cats at one time (I fostered them for my local Vet until he could place them in good homes). As you know, I now have a new KITTEN, and she is not a QUEEN, she is a GODDESS! (all sphynx females are goddesses). Well, Kalliope ONLY eats dry food. All her litter mates went for the squishy, stinky (albeit nutritious) wet food. Not MY baby, she wouldn't eat it, and she still won't. (must say dry food is better for her teeth anyways) We decided we were not going to give her any nicknames before we got her. That decision has come and gone, however, here is the list: Kali, BoBo, Puppycat, Pumperschnickle, KRAZY KITTY, and Mommy and Daddy's LITTLE DARLIN! Kali "talks" to us as well and we understand everything she says. Also, being a hairless kitty, she will find the warmest place that she can.
Well, Wheelie, I've filibustered enough. Keep writing, I love it.

Wheelie said...

Not sure how to put an email on a blog without having trouble from spammers or hackers.

Sure I'll work something out in the next few days.