Tuesday 18 November 2008

Yay! Got my main machine up and running, and no data loss. Son O'mine and I had to fit a new motherboard - but the one I bought is a better board, so it feels like a new machine.

Now what else can I buy? :)

Having been without my main beast for a couple of months, and depending on an old but cranky one, shared with at least four other people, has really made me appreciate this one, and how much I'd tailored the software on it to suit me. Because the family get to use it now and again, (they're big Unreal game players) I have it set up in such a way that there's an area set aside for family use, and my private setup that only I can access. Man, have I missed it.

Privacy is very important to me. I'm the oldest lad of a big family, s'perhaps that's why. Personally, I don't know why. It amazes me that I blog every time I do it :) A bit of me leaking out I guess.

When you're a private person, everything about stroke hits you hard. One, is the bodily functions stuff. I hang around the uk Stroke Association website sometimes. But no-one likes to get into detail. But detail is what we have to deal with day to day. Perhaps it's peculiar British thing.

In hospital, it was sorta divided into male and female, but it was was a bit too open-plan for me. They pull a curtain around, but it felt like an advert every time they did that. To be honest, in retrospect, there was a lady who'd been in some time, who wobbled round, and held my hand in the difficult times, and promptly disappeared. I don't know her name, she never said. But if she ever reads this. Thank you. Thank you very much.

I'm tired, and Little Bear wants her dad, so I'll post more tommorow, if that's ok. xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Wheelie, So glad you got your machine up and running with no data loss! Can't wait for your next Post. Your friend Lori

Anonymous said...

Lauri, I'm sorry, I can't get into my blogs, except to comment at the moment. I'm working on it.

:(