Tuesday 18 August 2009

Catch Me.

Got the house to myself. Oooh, it's nice. Have a young niece staying with us, unexpectedly - at least to me - and all the ladies have nipped out swimming. I'd forgotten what it's like having a couple of twelve year old's around the place........

Had a Ronan Keating Keating song stuck in my head since I woke up. Ok if you hear it once, but....

So while I was sat in the kitchen chopping some veg, I thought I'd belt it out. That'd fix it, I thought. If you can imagine Barry White singing Westlife....

(1) Good thing. Love the guitar riff, and looking forward to the day I can pick up a guitar again. Mate on the Stroke Association taught me a work around where you retune the guitar so it's at least an octave lower, or more if you use a capo. So the strings are slacker, and you don't have to fight to press as hard. One has to think harder tho' because you're forever having to translate the notes on the fret up a bit. Guess it'll become second-nature with practice.

2) Bad thing. Everyone started singing it. Mr. Keating. If you read this, you say it best, if you say nothing at all. Please?

:)

2 comments:

Jo said...

barry white - that's not too bad, don't if you remember but hylda baker and arthur mullard did a send up of grease 'you're the one that I want', well I sound like hylda baker! lol
Josie x

Wheelie said...

I'm glad you reminded me of that, it just so happens I have the original single, and I've just found out how much it's worth....:)

Had a good offer for a special transparent vinyl of 'Toast' too. Remember that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJmKStqugMc

And something that should be re-released

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN45OjB-cCU