Saturday 15 August 2009

Mr. Blue Sky

Slightly grumpy-midlle-aged-depends post. Depends when middle is :)

As you've probably read, I get more than my fair share of personal questions about my personal circumstances. I've even been accused of being a 'tin pot god' and 'restricting freedom of speech' because I won't answer personal questions.

I'm sure the politically correct brigade would scream they have freedoms, and they have rights. As they have.

Errr... sorta. Don't yell at me. Yell at the Heinz for the amount of ketchup you get in your bottle. Hovis for the size of your loaf. Cup makers for the amount of coffee in it. Buy yourself two drinks at the pub. But you'll have to pay for them. The choice, is yours. What price freedom, huh?

Look out though, because that way, is the way of madness. It Wheelie, wheelie is.

------------

Little victory today. New Sky viewing card arrived . They do that now and again to update 'the box' for new software updates. I plopped on the floor, changed the card - and found myself surrounded by anxious people wanting to help me up. I said, quite without thinking, "S'cuse me?" and did this weird lefty flip onto my feet. Someone grabbed me to steady me, to find a field of raised eyebrows. I have to admit I thought WTF? I didn't let on how chuffed I was with myself. Don't ask me, I really dunno. Don't tell them either.....

------------

I'm no longer on F-Book. I'd spent the best part of two weeks trying to get on to a service that wouldn't let me, except when it wanted to. I know it's not my machine at fault, I checked. I didn't use it much any way, which made it even more annoying. I pratted about changing passwords, user name, emailing F-book no joy. Which is a pity because they had been very helpful in the past. Shifted two fake profiles using my name no probs.

However, they did eventually provide me with a link to remove F-book permanently if I wanted. So I did.

However 'Er Indoors is still there (try dragging her away from it!) so should anyone want to get a message to me through there, I'm sure she'll be happy to oblique. It'll probably be quicker than email too. :)



No comments: