Saturday 1 August 2009

How do you do....

I've been asked an intriguing question : "What have (I) never done?"

Interesting. I've 'done' a great deal, some a little out of the ordinary. I was a preacher for a while, for instance. I've spoken to the Queen - who was not at all distant and aloof as I expected. She asked me lots of questions and was a very engaging lady. I've climbed a mountain, and did a bungi jump for charity at a nearby village (Stocksbridge) I will never EVER do that again. No siree.

In a world that often defines you by what you do, 'doing' is easy - after all, the first time you meet someone, they often ask "what do you do?". That's easy - whatever I want, within reason. But asking me what I haven't done can be tough.

Hmm. What haven't I done, that I'd like to, I assume the questioner meant. So, randomly.

Go out alone is the top of my list. Haven't done that for years. Biggie that.
Take My Bear out for a meal. Absolutely NOT POSH at all. Can't stand those places. SO artificial. Steak Chips and Mushy peas'll do us.
Find a decent Chip Shop. Proper chips. Crisp on the outside, soft in the middle. Armadillo.
I've never been to Pizza Hut.
Or Kentucky Fried Chicken.
Visit Antarctica. Had the chance once, dropped out because of, ahem, a lady. Good job too. The ship sank off the coast of Chile :) But I could have had 6 months in the Republic of Chile :(

I've never slept (or done anything else) in a haystack. I've heard it's cool. No such things as haystacks nowadays, I'm told. Drat. :(
Snowboarding. I'd given up on that - but a Japanese friend showed me This Site Yey!
Have a hang over. Never had one, they look horrible, but try as I might.....
Find a regular supplier of Whelks and Scallops. The Uk is rubbish inland for shellfish.
Cook and Eat a 2 lb Steak. Don't care what it is, but no pork. Kangaroo, Ostrich, Bear?
What can I say? I love to cook.

My absolute favourite? I'd just love to spend a whole winter alone somewhere where temperatures are below minus 10 C, and snow piles up 3 or more feet, no central heating, no supermarkets, basic facilities. Done it for brief periods, want more. Pure heaven. If there's a heaven, mine would have blizzards. Wheelie Weather!

There's more, but those are the basics I can think of.

No comments: