Monday 3 August 2009

Shades of my old 'grumpy middle-aged man' blog creeping in here I've noticed. But that's a good thing. It means I'm in a good mood. I'm never happier when I'm grumpy.

See, over there, - a smile ---> :-)

Feel free at any time to tell me off. It won't get you anywhere, but what the heck, you'll be assured I know exactly where you're coming from. How very Cool is that?

Had a couple of friends from The US of A ( Chicago, Illinois ) visit the other day. Caught us with our knickers down, metaphorically speaking. Their doing a tour of Europe. Our place was a complete mess. The place was covered in paper, felt-tip-pens and Tots work. I'd got computer magazines stacked behind me on the table. Coats chucked over the backs of chairs, the sink in the kitchen was full of unwashed pots. And much worse, I was on my second can of Carlsberg Special Brew, and sat there, like a real bad boy, (I'm sorry, I weakened) having a cig. Focus? What's that then?

What's a man to do? Pretend nothing unusual has happened, that's what. I mean, it's not like I could run for it, is it?

What made it special, is that it was a friendship developed over the net. It was nice to see the real person behind the Skype face, talk to the person behind the emails, and the family shared a rather crappy Chinese take-away with the them. Messy house, unexpected visitors, me three-sheets-to-the-wind.

Somehow it worked. It was good.

Late addition. Some of of my favourite songs.

Cat Stevens - Matthew And Son

Yusuf Islam - Who used to be Cat Stevens.

1 comment:

Jo said...

messy house, mucky pots, sounds like my house :-)

....you had a good time with unexpected company, thats the main thing.
Josie x