Sunday 6 September 2009

Loafing

Forgive me for going on about bread again. There's a problem with uncut bread. Cutting it into slices.

To put that into perspective. I'm aware there are all sorts of devices out there to do it, but we prefer a good, old fashioned bread knife. I CAN cut it - it's a kinda leaning on it on one side to hold it, and then using yon knife. My Bear can do it, but they're very thick, and kinda wedge shaped.

Great for a good old fashioned Bacon Butties but a little too filling for me. Any tips?

By the way, one of my sisters said that a breadmaker is one of those things that ends up at the back of a cupboard - after a-month-and-a-bit ? Nope. In fact, neighbours and friends love 'em.

Note though, we are using the flour/water/yeast/sea salt/sugar mix, rather than a supermarket readymix, and it's TOO popular! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My gran used to have a meat serving plate that had spikes on to stop the meat slipping off while it was carved. I wonder if you can still get them, as I'm sure it could work for bread as well.

Wheelie said...

I remember those :)

Those were the days when you could pick up a giant Beef Joint without a second mortgage...!

You might be on to something there. Cheers :)