Monday 21 December 2009

Talk about good neighbours.....

A few minutes ago I poked my head out of my front door after hearing a tremendous racket. My neighbour from across the road, who I rarely see, was furiously wielding a shovel clearing my path of snow and ice, pausing only to explain " Don't want you breaking your neck Dee mate - I've cleared all that chuffin' ice to the end of the road too....."

It's just below zero according to my little weather station (a very British hobby of mine) and the inch or too we've had has frozen like rock. It's about 50 yards to the end of our road. Not only had he cleared the pavements, he's also cleared the road too. What a star ! He's going to find himself a proud recipient of my extra strong Wheelie Chilli Dip :)

-----------------

I wonder why he calls me Dee? My name doesn't begin with 'D'? I've told him, and he just says "Ok Dee, it's just that you are the Dee..". Mind you, it doesn't begin with 'W' either :)

-----------------

Oh my, the smell of home made bread is wafting through the house. Well okidoke, it's from a bread machine. Which is kinda cheating. But the smell is just the same.

That smell is it's best advert. Neighbours are buying them, my eldest lass, who recently got her own place has insisted on one for Christmas. I read somewhere that there are two essentials to selling your house. The smell of fresh bread, and fresh ground brewing coffee.

I can believe it.



1 comment:

Diane said...

He'll be abbreviating the abbreviation. What a nice bloke.