Monday 8 February 2010

Call me Crazy

Or even bonkers* :)

At, well, I can't be exact because my bedroom clock is a load of wotsit, but my internal clock said 03:06 am. I shot bolt up awake absolutely wide awake, which is no mean feat, utterly convinced that errm, I'm not sure how to describe it....

Something moved from where it should have been. I don't mean furniture and stuff. I mean something about the way things were, from where they should have been. So I shuffled downstairs, and half way down, the Elder Cat started yowling, and scratching at the front door to get out. Then the local dogs started barking, and the cat was getting desperate, so I opened the door, let her out, and followed her as she shot up the path.

Looking down the road, I noticed a few people were stood at the end of their paths in their dressing gowns looking confused and gosh, it was cold. There were a few bedroom lights on too. The local magpies and rooks were wide awake and scattering overhead.

After a few freezing minutes, I went indoors, waited for the old girl to come back in, and went back to bed. At 06:24 (checked on this computer) Sniff the cat did the same again, but I didn't get the same sense.

My first impulse was that it was a minor earthquake. There was one last year in the Stratford area that felt like an express train going through our living room, many miles from here, that caused no damage. But I've checked online and all I can find is :

RHOS,CARMARTHENSHIRE
February 07, 2010
Time: 13:17:47.6
Lat./Lon.: 51.956 -4.281
National Grid: 243.3 km E, 231.1 km N
Depth: 7.9
Magnitude: 1.2
7KM SE OF RHOS


So it's not that then.

Any ideas?

*not quite right, off their head, sandwich short of a picnic.

2 comments:

Jo said...

nothing in the sheffield star website or sheffield forum?
Josie x

Wheelie said...

Nothing in The Star... Ooh, nah then, Sheffield Forum. I'd forgotten about that, I'll take loook cheers Jose:)