Tuesday 21 September 2010

Rented


Meet Trixie :)

Hoowee, what a day. Eldest son moved to his first home. Well, correction, he's at work, so his mum, gran and granddad moved as much as they could fit into a rather large transit. I never knew a chap in his early twenties could accumulate so much stuff in one tiny bedroom.

I was relegated to untangling miles and miles of wire he's accumulated. Now I remember why I get a nervous twitch at the sight of knitting......

Thinking of modern technology, his mum advertised for a rented place for him on a local forum, and received a very reasonable offer for a partly furnished two bedroomed home a mile away owned by a Mr. Khan, the son of a city furniture dealer, who, the same age as my lad, owns a number of properties. All sorted out via the 'tinternet with a couple of visits.

Mr Khan was gobstruck when my lad said he wanted to pay his rent by standing order (my lad works for a bank). He's never had that before. His last tenant for that property skipped after the tenant was caught in a housing benefit scam....... Oddly enough, he left a large wardrobe full of rather skimpy ladies undies. Tho' he lived alone. That gave the Bear a chuckle :) But nicked half the furniture. Nowt as queer as folk...

But the lack of furniture hasn't been a problem. My Bear had a quick chat or three with various mates on the same local forum, and lots of the ladies (and a fella) were chucking stuff like drawers, and the landlord unexpectedly delivered a new three piece suit. Sorted.

Not bad for £400 a month. Not counting he's had an unexpected loan from the wife of a leader of a Christian Church to 'ease the burden on us' to bring his American wife across to the uk. Don't get me started on that one....Nightmare.


~~~~~~~~

Ah, Trixie Pup. Trix is 5 months from the same litter as our Sigma, but has been passed from pillar to post. Four owners as far as I know. She's a 'chewer'. She's untrained, undisciplined, and is accused of chewing everything from furniture to walls.

Not here - well, the odd soft toy. And jumping up and down on me at 5 am. Urk!

She's a pup. That's what pups do. So, apparently, I'm her owner, until I can rehome her.

Strangest thing, I was singing to myself - we do that, very singy family. The poor thing sat fascinated but frightened in front of me, shivering. Maybe it was my voice?

But do you know what? I don't thing she's seen a human sing before. How sad it that?


2 comments:

Rarelesserspotted said...

My youngest has gone back to university today, so life will be tidier around the home although we'll miss him of course. Tidying up after him now he's gone is an interesting task too.
Be good!

Wheelie said...

I do try to be good bro'

But it's soooo hard ;)

:)