Sunday 28 November 2010

Brrrr........

As usual, I was up at silly o'clock this morning. Me time.

I have a little wireless weather station in my back garden - temperature, wind speed, rainfall, barometric pressure. Nothing posh. I'd love to have something that connected directly to a computer, but such stuff is horribly expensive. A peculiar British fascination, I'm told.

Here in Sheffield we tend to be surrounded by hills - a proud boast is that we have more than Rome :). So most Sheffielders tend to protected from the worst of the weather by a hill. Somewhere.

I've kept a casual record for 5 years. This morning it was minus 8.6 °C outside, which I recorded at 05:30 am. I've not had a reading that low.

We've had a whole inch of snow. Well gee. More has been forecast for days, but hasn't materialised.

Glum. I love the snow. Wheelie Weather :)

~~~~~~

Daft chuffin' dog. Sigma (don't ask, I didn't name him) is now 9 months old.

It's his first snow. Thirteen year old Tots spent the day yesterday throwing snow balls at him - he loved it.

So early this morning, he staggered down from the foot of Bears bed, wanting 'out' to do his thing. Bear was up 5 mins later. Meanwhile, I put my feet up on the sofa, drowsing.

I had a rude awakening. One dog, one rather large gob full of snow, all over my head. I swear that idiot dog laughed at my reaction.

No comments: