Saturday 20 November 2010

Flummoxed

Someone shouted at me today.

It was most odd.

There he was, a bloke perhaps a little older and shorter than I, in his nice suit, waving his arms and legs about, jumping up and down, pulling strange red faces and making lots, and lots of noise. It seemed to go on for quite some time.

I was quite worried for him at first, but eventually I couldn't suppress a chuckle. That was a mistake, he just became even more lively, and though I was absolutely fascinated at the show, I became worried for him again. Thought he might do himself an injury. Anyway, he seemed to get tired eventually and stomped off, got into his rather expensive looking car, and drove off.

Apparently, anyway, I'm of questionable parentage, should procreate more often (very kind of him), and I resemble various human body parts. I rather hope not. Anyone with bits of anyone that resembled me would be of great scientific interest.

Obviously, it's a technique he's used before that's got him results. It was equally obvious he had no idea it's not something that's ever worked with me.

Something about I'd "never worked for him again" and "He'd make sure I'd never, ever work for anyone ever again" and I "I'm fired and I'll be paid for the work I've done over his dead body...." Indeed.

Which is all well and good.

Because I've no idea who the bloomin' heck he was. He sadly neglected to leave a card or tell me his name. I've never worked for him, I'm quite, quite sure I have no intention of working for him, and if I'm due an income for something, I'd be aware of it.



Someone is going to be quite embarrassed in the morning, and it won't be me ;)


4 comments:

Rarelesserspotted said...

I love it when idiots like that make a fool of themselves. He'll give himself a heart attack if that's the style of his life.

Wheelie said...

My lass says I'm a 'nutter magnet'.

By that she means, that if anything weird and wonderful is going to happen, it's going to happen to me :)

It's useful that 'hitting the different' so often over the years has left me being able to be dispassionate.

It would have been more useful if in his anger he'd dropped a few crumbs of information, such as why he had my address, who he thought I was, and the association between the name he had and my address.

Sadly not.

Jo said...

just catching up on comments -
so up to now....
1) mystery dr's appointment
2) mystery nutcase shoutng at you
3) mystery woman telephoning about disability allowance

the dr's appt and the day of the disability interview, same day or time by any chance?

mmm, very weird

Josie x

Wheelie said...

And, I've just remembered, a mystery lady around 1/11 who asked "Didn't you use to be famous?" and asked for my autograph outside my local Tesco. And who refered to me as 'Wheelie'.

Which amused me at the time, 'cos that happens now and again.

I was sorta in the public eye in the mid '90's. I was a - ummm, hard to describe - freelance speech writer and 'free church' speaker? Yeah, that'd cover it.

That'd make the lady in question around 17 at the time.

Oh, and I'm not daft enough to sign an autograph with my real name. I wrote 'Wheelie'. Oddly enough, I didn't acquire that nickname until around 2000, post stroke. Heck, even Bear calls me that sometimes....