Sunday 21 November 2010

The Foody

With Christmas coming up, (for those that celebrate it) if like me you love to cook, it's useful to have weight, fluid and oven temperature calculators. Heck, I still use a pounds and ounces brass tray scale - straight out of an old corner shop. Remember those?

A handy source of recipes doesn't go amiss either. Years ago I searched for a source of some of Mrs Beetons recipes, and came across The Foody.

It's doesn't have posh video's, its quick to load - important if you have an elderly or slow computer, or you want to access it on a less-than-current mobile phone now and again. Like mine :)

More importantly, it has lots of recipes, from do it yourself Acid Drops to Steak and Kidney Pud.

Compared to overtly commercial sites like Delia-Online or the Blessed Jamie Oliver, I find it a breath of fresh air.

The Foody Conversion Calculator.

3 comments:

Jo said...

I'm afraid my cooking isn't as good as my sewing and we buy everything

Josie x

Wheelie said...

Don't believe you for one minute - after all, I'm sat on some of your work :)

Attention to minute detail, quality materials, and an eye for balance, colour, texture, and those little delicate touches that just give your creations class.

Humbug ma'am. I CAN'T believe you. :) You're John Lewis, not Primark.

Jo said...

aww thank you :-)

Josie x