Saturday 9 April 2011

Love is....

Going to get that darn gate made today.

Well, I will when temperature drops below 20°C. I know my limitations, and that's one of them. It's good to push the boundaries - I spent many years as a long distance runner and working 12 hours, 6 days a week, and I've paid a price for that. I want to get back to the way I was. A dead Wheelie is only good for high quality compost.

Needless to say, The Bear is not chuffed. But that's the Bear. She ain't called Bear for nothing. ;)

~~~~

I was watching an advert for one of those match-dating sites with some puzzlement. They claim to help you find someone just like yourself. Why? How very narcissistic!

I'd drive me mad.

MY Bear, my carer, and I have been together for 25 years - married for 22 of those. Lived together from day one. Seriously. I was 28, she was 19, and the bugger would not go away. I kept sticking her suitcase outside the front door, and four hours later, I'd open the door to find her sat on it, doing her nails. Again.

Perplexed the heck out of me. Perplexity gave way to a grudging admiration. Wow. Gutsy. Like that.

~~~~

I'm a 'head man'. I plan everything I do in fine detail. I'm never happier than when I have peace and quiet, notepad and pen. I don't plan ahead much. But I won't do anything unless I've got it down to a fine tee in my head and rehearsed it mentally. If there's a change, I sit down and do the figures again. Then I do the job. I'm so laid back, I'm almost horizontal. Having said that, I'm told I'm good in an emergency.

Favourite quote "Wot?"

~~~~

The Bear is a bulldozer. She plans her days way ahead. She isn't into fine detail. She loathes it when something gets in the way, and isn't afraid to say so. Goes for it like a herd of elephants. When she has an idea in her head, stand well back. It's awesome to behold. It can really get to her when things don't go to plan. If you want subtle, Bear went that-a-way. She's The Bear. She can be quite religious. I'm easy, man. Day to day, it's an approach that works well.

Favourite quote "Don't mess with the sisters, bro!'"

~~~~

Call me old-fashioned, but we have one Golden Rule. I'm the head of my family. She's always deferred to that, not quietly mind (she hates it when I sit grinning at her), but she does.

I'm a tidy freak, she isn't. She was brought up to resolve by argument, I do what I want when I want. She goes for it - anything - but I can wait. We couldn't be so very different.

But matched personalities? Nah. No way. But it works and it's worked well for 25 years.

I wouldn't have my lass any other way. Psst. Don't tell her that :)

2 comments:

Julian said...

Cela ne signifie pas fréquents conflits?

Wheelie said...

Does it lead to conflict?

You'll have to excuse my French grammer but ...

Je suis hors de la pratique, mais ....

Ah, mais ce qui est l'amour si elle n'a pas d'ami passion?

Vous pouvez entendre la mer dans une coquille, mais regardez dans la coque, tout ce que vous verrez est un espace vide. Il vaut mieux que vous pouvez tenir serré que celui que iis pas là.

L'amour est l'accumulation de toutes les bonnes choses au fil du temps, Sans elle, nous sommes vides un ami sans valeur.

Thanks.