Sunday 10 April 2011

Remind me not to...

Leave my soldering iron on the coffee table.

Yup, my dad discovered over 40 years ago (I was 8) I had a knack for repairing valve radio's, then TV's, and I went on to build a games console before there were such things as a games consoles (It was the size of a modern microwave) and a home computer well before even there were such a thing as home computers. (That was the size of 2 bricks) and connected it to 'Janet' - Joint Academic Network, a connection between Universities, and the forerunner of the internet. Missed a trick there didn't I? You could have been using a 'Wheelie' branded PC. Right little smart arse I was ;) Not bright enough....

Doesn't mean I want to repair everyone's knackered everything for free though. Sigh.

~~~~
Slice home-made bacon while I have visitors. Oooh, can we have some of that? Nope. Not for free you can't. No takers? Good. It'd give the tax man nightmares. Oh, and that includes barter, annoyingly. Seriously, barter is taxed.

~~~~

Home made pickles, chutneys, jams or bread. See above. I can get away with it at Christmas or birthdays. I know from experience that some twot will tell the taxman or the Department of Work and Pensions in the mistaken belief that Disability Living Allowance is means tested. It isn't. Employment & Support Allowance - formally Incapacity Benefit - is. World of difference.

However, as I've discovered, that doesn't stop the taxman or Work and Pensions investigating every time they get a report. It's right they should, and though it's little more than an inconvenience, it doesn't mean I have to like it.

No comments: