Tuesday 12 April 2011

Geeky

I'm a well matured geek. I just love a gadget. I can't help myself. I don't have an Android or iPhone, because I can't justify the cost. That's why I'm a mature geek. It isn't that I can't afford. I can't bring myself to.

I hate myself sometimes.

However, faced with a bang up to date blood glucose testing meter at £25 quid plus delivery that plugs straight into my computer, that downloads built in software to any PC, and updates itself from the net, graphs and track my levels, comes with a USB extension , and once registered, they send you a better carry case than the one provided, record book, independent wall charger and slinky slip over cover.

Oh, matron!

Well, my old one is 10 years old. The manufacturer of that, Roché, had switched its testing strips from whole blood to plasma, so the readings were showing 12.5% higher, and needed converting down, and it would have cost me as much as a new meter to buy a pc connection kit. I wasn't convinced on the accuracy of the readings either.

I'll not bore you with the details of how these machines work yet. I have to say tho' I'm impressed with the new one.

~~~~

Now that's awkward. My 8 month old grand daughter has just developed 'chicken pox', and my sister is getting married in a few days. That's a pain.......

No comments: