Tuesday 19 April 2011

Rrrright said Fred.

S'cuse me a min....

Sorry, got a bit distracted there. The Bear just chucked a 5-pack of 'under where?' at me. Or 'knickers' as she insists on calling them. A rather bold horizontal black white and purple stripe. When I held a pair (why a pair?) up, billowing in the wind like a wind-sock, with a "huh?" expression, she shrugged.

"Nah" she shrugged "Nobodies going to see them".

Well. That's nice. How on Earth am supposed to do the "Full Monty" dance on an evening without knowing I'm all erratic looking and dressed to die for?

Ladies. No. White or Black will do. Thank you.

~~~~
20:25

Got to tell you this.

We have an ancient cat. We've had her eleven years, and she wasn't that young when she adopted us.

Sniff the cat hates me. Won't normally come near me. I'm a man-thing.

I dropped off at tea time., and it seems my ladies went out to neighbours. About 25 minutes ago the old lass came upstairs and jumped meowing like crazy on my head. I have tiny little Sniffy holes on my face.

Anyway. I was groggy, confused, very weak, but some instinct kicked in, so I bum-bumped myself down stairs and plonked myself in my wheels, and did a blood sugar test.

It was 4 mmol/L.

It's the whole numbers that count. All this time Sniffy sat on my knee, rubbing her face against mine, padding her pointy little claws on my lap and shoulders. I feel like, well, a pincushion. I knocked back a disgusting couple of spoonfuls of sugar in some fizzy spring water, and I feel ok now. Once my Tots came in for a coat, Sniffy was off and out, doing her Sniff thing.

My hypoglycaemic limit is 3.3 mmol/L.

Hypoglycaemia is where one's blood sugar drops too low. It can lead to confusion, coma, and death. She may well have saved my life.

I've heard about pets doing this. I wonder how they know? Smell maybe?

Anyways, thumbs up to Sniff the man hater. Respect.

Oh, click this



2 comments:

Jo said...

crikey! hope you're okay now?

I think cats do know, just be glad it wasn't Oscar sat on your knee!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1248539/Meet-Oscar-cat-knows-.html

I'm going to get the book when I sell something! so that probably means it will be out of print by then!

Josie x

Jo said...

oh, you mentioned ages ago about Morsbags, does Bear still want any?

Josie x