Tuesday 31 May 2011

Bear Patch

Catching up with the documentary on Queen on BBC iPlayer. Absolutely bloomin' marvellous :)


I've been weedlin' on at The Bear that we needed to get a little veg patch underway. I have herbs dotted around the more colourful plants, in an attempt to defeat my gardening arch nemesis, the father-in-law.

He's the Dr. No to my James Bond. That's if you you could imagine Dr. No as a garden gnome with a flat cap. And a skinny (ish!) Santa as JB. I'd almost got to the stage of rugby diving my Coriander yelling, "Mine, MINE, I tells you". Brrrr.

Bear went to the doctors with back ache, came home, knocked back some tablets, and is attacking a patch, spade flailing, earth flying, with gusto, muttering "I will defeat the Strimmer King!". Whatever she's taking, I want some. Pretty Please :)

She's managed to rope in some local young girls in. Well, girls. Naturally. I think a little social pressure has helped. Next-door-neighbour who didn't like the idea of us having a new veg patch, was caught last month planting herbs and seed potatoes, which have come up swimmingly.

Her sister, way, way t'other end of the city, has a hubby, who like me is a cook-a-matic, dug up concrete for a herb bed. After chatting to other mates, Bear has discovered that it's quite the in thing.

I've just about finished carving an image of 'The Green Man', which I'll mount over the patch. We'll need all the protection we can get.

So, yo! onwards and upwards, or whatever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

delurking to ask if any chance of a picture of the green man?

Skuttles back into the shadows....
Pat

Wheelie said...

Be reight Pat :)

It may not quite what you expect - I know the traditional form.

It was started by my deceased (aged 40) brother, and I've just continued it. I've done as much as I think I should do. I'll put some pics up soon ducks.

Tell you what. Now I've finished, and once you've seen the pics, I'll give my other bro's the chance to have it, which is only fair.

If they don't want it, you can have it.