Monday 30 May 2011

#BearTales

So what's #BearTales all about on Twitter?

Hmm. Because I have quirky sense of humour. It is, I'm told, a mix of silent film, sarcasm, cringe-worthiness and slap-stick. Besides I'm a people watcher.

Because The Bear, aka, 'er indoors, is an absolute gift to someone with my sense of humour. Worse, she doesn't know she's done something until much later. Have you ever met someone who doesn't get a joke until 10 minutes after everyone else? It was probably Bear.

Which is even funnier. She's a gem :)

A secret of a good marriage is knowing each others little foibles and oddities, recognising them for what they are, and playing along with them with a dash of repartee thrown in. I live 24/7 with a natural Charlie Chaplin. It's heart warming and touching and funny.

I thought, meh, why not share it? I thought it would be a skill worth honing to fit it in 160 characters.

For the record, she reads them, and I live in dread she may well, one day, get her own back.

For the record, to sum it all up, when she managed to fall head first into 500 toilet toilet rolls in ASDA, she said her first thought wasn't "Help!..." It was "Oh, sh*t. Another #BearTales".

She texted me to tell me....... I rest my case :)

~~~~

Apparently I'm in the market to get rid of 500 slightly damaged (The actual wording was used. No Bear. Not 'used' ) toilet rolls. I strongly suspect this a wind up.

2 comments:

Jo said...

lol, family are great aren't they -my son is the same, years ago on the first day of the school holidays he tripped over a gate post and gashed his head,so after the usual two hour wait in A and E,he said "how long is it before I get my head seen to!"

and as anyone who knows him, we are still waiting!!

Josie x

Wheelie said...

Heh!, spot on Josie :)

That's the stuff I mean. Off the bat, spontaneous, without-thinking.

Every family has one, and I've had 25 years of fun from The Bear.

She's not daft - far from it, and you'd think that she knows would spoil it, but nah, not a bit.

I've 'taken the mick' out of Bear since day one - and Bear moved in with me on the day we met! :)

It just works....