Sunday 12 June 2011

Couple of disability sites that are worth a read.

Stroke Association UK Talk stroke. You'll find me there as Dray :) You'll can read no probs, to contribute you need to set up a user name and a password. Feel free to ask any questions you want.

Bendygirl - a disability rights campaigner.

You'll also find me a @wheelieslug on twitter, and bendy @Bendygirl

Particularly useful if you want to explore disability issues. All people with physical and mental disadvantages are going face financial squeezes by 2013. April, to be exact. It promises to be interesting. I was going to say that had already started for people on employment service allowance, ESA, the old incapacity benefit, when I heard of a friend with top Rate DLA care, and top Rate Mobility - which takes some getting, losing the lot.

Disability allowance is not means tested - you can work full time and have it.

Because she doesn't fill the new criteria, she's lost it. People on disability forums keep falling out with me about this - but the new call-in under the coalition are not administered by medically qualified personal. As their finding out.

I'm tired. I'll provide a link later. Bless you. Feel free to remind me...

2 comments:

bodger said...

hi i am a stroke survivor i set up a stroke support group if any survivor or carers want to take a look here is the link
www.strokesupportgroup.org

Wheelie said...

Happy to!

I'll pop you on the sidebar too :)