Tuesday 21 June 2011

Humbled

Just as I'm thinking of letting go and allow myself feel down....

Bear nipped out for an extended shopping trip.

Neighbour popped around, apparently having noticed, and wanted to know if I was ok for anything. Then another, and another, and another. Come on, I said, "Bear asked you to?". Now my ears have stopped ringing, I believe 'em.

I should explain that around here people aren't backwards at coming forwards. Say what they think, mean what they say, very expressive, (ahum) and don't mess around.

"Dray" a lady from a few doors away said "We look after our own around here".

I'm deeply touched.


4 comments:

Rarelesserspotted said...

Nice to know neighbourliness and good citizenship isn't dead!
Good man for publicising it.
XX

Jo said...

makes all the difference having good neighbours.

Josie x

Elizabeth said...

Moving isn't it...time and time again when I'm on the point of giving up, I realise that for everyone who apparently wants to hurt with their comments, there are ten who really care and I'm humbled and thankful. x

Wheelie said...

Cheers everyone :)

I'm the type that gets bad tempered rather than get 'down'. You might have (ahem!) noticed.

The Bear says she thinks I'm getting a thin skin in my 'old age'- and besides, says she's getting fed up of the urge to nip upstairs to do lots and LOTS of ironing...

Ten to one Elizabeth? Aye, I'll go with that, and remind myself every time I get 'icky':)

Humbled. Hmm. Yup, that's the word...