Friday 16 September 2011

Gee Wiz

I'll update this post with pictures when things have become less busy.


Apple Corer-Peeler-Slicer arrived today. Victorian invention. Very useful when you have a lot to do. Since a lot of it is wing-nuts, with a simple adjustment it can do a peel but not core thing, which is cool. Took me approx 4 seconds to do an apple or a tatty. No electricity required. Well worth the £18 I paid for it.

~~~~

Sigh. Lass next door this morning complained to Bear that the dog barked. And that we were banging about. And that Tots and her mate were screeching. So I checked the date. As fellas do.

We've been in this semi for 12 years. The disadvantage of living in a semi-detached is that you get to hear stuff you'd prefer not to. It's just a fact of life. So in those 12 years we've had three neighbours who have had to move on for various reasons.

We don't complain. Never have. We're used to it. Not this monkey. Dogs Bark. Kids make noise. Fact of life. So she's going to complain to somebody or other. Her hubby's a nice bloke, he works on meals on wheels during the day, and Pizza deliveries at night.

They went for a pub meal earlier. So now I have for the umpteenth time Grease hammering through my wall. And doubtless going to start yet another hate campaign on Facebook.

Meh, it's childish.

2 comments:

Rarelesserspotted said...

They've obviously got nothing else to occupy their time with effectively

Wheelie said...

If I said what I wanted to say world war three would break out. So I've just let Bear say 'yes miss'

I strongly suspect copious amounts of beer might be the problem. Sadly, that means underlying problems. I can help with that, but, y'know, I need to switch off to a personal life some time mate...