Thursday 6 October 2011

Ray 'Favoured'

My best mate popped up for an couple of hours last night with another much younger chap from his community home. Ray, 82, and I have known each other for over 30 years.

Ray's lived in a Jesus Army community household for over twenty years. Though I was part of that church for awhile, (until 16 years ago) we didn't take that step, and I'm not sure they would have let me if I'd wanted to. Too much of a Dark Horse :)

Suits Ray down to the ground. Colourful, slightly controversial, and he's a breath of fresh air.

I've not seen him for a year, mainly because neither of us travel well, though we've kept in touch by phone. I have to admit I'm not too good with phones, so the contact has been down to his dogged faithfulness. Now that's what you call a friend.

Standard joke there, is where most 'Shepherds' have sheep, he has a Goat. Me. Cheeky monkeys :)

Gosh it was good to see him and Andy. Community has been very good for him, and they look after him. Certainly well fed :)

It was a great catch up time.

No comments: