Sunday 2 October 2011

That's a worry.....

Yesterday older pussy cat, who's about 13 - we don't really know how old she is - fell over on the windowsill and started fitting. Not a problem. I plonked her on my knee and used whatever means to get some water down her. It couldn't have been pleasant for the old girl, but after 5 mins she settled down and slept.

When she awoke, she was very lethargic, and has been behaving a bit odd. That is, she doesn't want anything to do with The Bear, but whenever I sit down she wants to be on my knee, and she's following me everywhere meowing.

That's a complete reversal. Though she's never followed Bear around, she's always a lady cat who's a ladies cat. I'm the 'man thing' who for the last 11 years she been with us she just about tolerates.

We don't really know how old she is. She was a stray who adopted us.

Update. To make matters more of a worry, I went to the field a few doors away with Sigma The Dog and Bear. Throwing his ball, sticks, that sorta thing. After half an hour was running up three or four steps, and promptly fell down them unconscious.

I put him on my knee, rubbed him vigorously for a couple of mins and he recovered and promptly jumped off looking for his ball. I've phoned the vet and he said it's the heat and humidity, and I shouldn't worry about it too much.

Just cut down on the exercise, and don't let the "old lady cat" bake her brain on a window sill.

Phew!

2 comments:

Rarelesserspotted said...

Been desperate to get an update Wheelie - what happened?
x

Wheelie said...

Sorry, I got distracted.

Post updated.