Thursday 17 November 2011

Apples

....Which oddly enough was the name of the first blog I used to write.

That had to go west after er.... too many years, because of a prolonged and concerted attack by some British Evangelic Christians who objected to some of my religious views. One in particular. I never referred to any faith community by name.

However, people see the concept of faith communities as their church, whatever their beliefs. Fair enough? I'd think so. However, despite the giant strides made in recent years of interfaith tolerance, the same tolerance often does not extend, in my experience, to those that wear the label 'Christian'.

Behind the vociferous bull I used to get, there was one simple message. This is what my church has taught me. Therefore it is what I believe. Mention the word 'religion' and it is assumed that 'church' or religion means Christian, Christian means their church, and anything outside their experience means an attack on Christianity as they perceive it, and therefore anything different to their perception is an attack on people of faith.

Bullshit. Any-ways. No wonder there are so many bloomin' wars.:)

Apples is alive and well, in it's paper form since issue #1 in 1983.

This little Santa has lots of little helpers, and should you come across a rather weird looking dubrie drawing pinned on your noticeboard, blame some bloke called Wheelie. From St. Paul's in London to the Shetlands, and I'm told it has even turned up in the States.

Semi nony-mouse non-profit publishing. Who'd a thought it? I'm thinking of going PDF too, with the next issue, due about December 13th, if there's enough on line interest.

Bless you.


Addendum.

Including Mosques, Spiritualist, Mormon, Synagogues, Evangelical, Anglican, Higher Anglican, Catholic, Seventh Day Adventists and more. It's good for people to talk.

Apples is based on the Spanish tradition of protest leaflets, and is supported by anonymous toner donations. Spanish protest leaflets? Google is your friend on that one :)

No comments: